Welcome to the Foresight Linux documentation. Here we provide user documentation that help you with installing and customizing your Foresight. These are wiki pages that allow you to contribute to the existing documentation.
The Getting Started User Guide is a high level reference for users new to Linux or Foresight. The User Guide provides a high level overview of Foresight Linux, including:
- Downloading and installing Foresight Linux
- Post-Installation Configuration
- Using Applications
- Updating Foresight / Adding & Removing Programs
- Getting Help
- Getting Involved with Foresight Linux
- Join the Documentation team
- Current bug and task list for the User Guide
- HOWTO update the User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQ) for Foresight 2.5.x
The HOWTOs show you how to accomplish certain tasks.
- How do i make Foresight autlogin to an account ?
- How do I install Foresight Linux in Apple's MacBooks ?
- HOWTO Install package X?
- Foresight for web developers
- Problems with an ATI HDMI capable graphics card
- Restoring the extlinux boot loader
Documentation is one of the easiest ways to help out and lend a hand. Jump in and edit or create a wiki page! Do you know Docbook or XML? Help out with the User Guide, which is installed for all users. And if you don't know Docbook, don't worry, it's pretty easy to pick up. Or join the Foresight Docs mailing list to share feedback or brainstorm new ideas for documentation.
How to create a Torrent file
Getting Started with Foresight Linux
Create USB installer from iso file
Restoring the extlinux boot loader
Rescuing a Foresight Linux installation
Booting into console or text mode
Editing files in command line
Foresight Linux for web developers
Desktop environments and window managers
Installing input methods